Papa Don't Preach by Shubhika
High Waist Chain Link Bags
What is #CareforKarigars?
It is time Fashion took a backseat and let Karigari take center stage!
Who is a Karigar?
A master craftsman skilled in a particular form of art. Everyone from zardosi and zari workers, pattern cutters, tailors, dyers, weavers, block printers, raw material producers ; all are Karigars. They're all Artists.
It is them - the artists who come together to make our clothes, our shoes, our bags - who need us now more than ever. With no support to sustain their livelihoods, the art in fashion will cease to exist.
This pandemic has brought forth their most basic human struggles - right from where and how they live, to the lack of infrastructure and necessary resources to reach back to their families in time. In addition to that, they are the sole breadwinners that support a large number of family members. Under lock down, most are unable to send any money home.
Majority of them hail from beautiful but remote areas of our country - far beyond the reach of the many active charities in cities. These charities when contacted, have limited to zero access or permissions to operate in the villages that the karigars and their families reside in.
In such a difficult scenario - both the teams, at Papa Don’t Preach and Kresha Bajaj, have come together to pool our unique advantage :
- Our direct access to our karigars and their accounts registered with our respective organisations
- Our trusted Karigars hail from areas that have focused groups of craftsmen and women practicing the same craft as them. We, hence, are able to multiply our reach and the scale of impact of this initiative via them through clean and trusted payment channels.
Why should you support #CareforKarigars ?
The initiative is two fold and transparent in its agenda:
- To provide monetary assistance to enable consistent and timely purchases of ration, medicines and sanitary requirements for the karigar, their family and the entire community.
- When we do come out of this , they will have work to come back to. Beautiful belt bags and capes to be created with their hands to send off to you.
100% of every purchase will reach a Karigar’s home.
SHOE SIZE GUIDE
Don’t know your shoe size ?
Follow this quick measurement guide and connect with our Papa Don’t Preach Goddesses on Whatsapp +91 7977948887 and let us help you find your perfect size !!
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR FOOT LENGTH? (see images above and follow these instructions)
Shipping: Where? When? How? How much?
- We drive/swim/fly across to more than 200 countries around the world to reach you! Hence we give you a shipping option best suited to your region.
- The shipping cost is calculated at the time of Check Out only, this is a system generated amount based on your Area Zip Code and weight.
- For more information, you can reach our Customer Care Goddesses at email@example.com or +91 2224930001
- In case you just can’t wait for your order to reach you, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request for Express Shipping, the cost for the same will be communicated to you at that time.
Cash on Delivery (do we?)
- Sorry! We do not offer the Cash On Delivery Option !
When do we deliver?
- All domestic and International orders will take about 4-6 Weeks for dispatch from the date of order. Further information on the order status can be provided by our customer care goddesses upon request at email@example.com
- The process and delivery time for shoe orders is 5-6 weeks from the date of order.
Order cut-off times are provided as guidelines only to give you a fair idea of when we may come knocking at your door! And these do not take into account possible delays caused by payment authorization. We aim to dispatch all orders within 4 Weeks, however estimated delivery times are to be used as a guide only and commence from the date of dispatch. We are not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes, only responsible for making you look gorgeous and feeling fabulous! Please do note that we are unable to redirect orders once items have been dispatched and that all orders require a signature upon receipt.
Travel Insurance for your precious purchase
Papa Don't Preach by Shubhika insures each purchase during the time it is in transit until it is delivered to you. We require a signature for any goods delivered, at which point responsibility for your purchased goods passes to you. If you have specified a recipient who is not you for delivery purposes (for example as a gift) then you accept that evidence of a signature by them (or at that delivery address) is evidence of delivery and fulfillment by Papa Don’t Preach and transfer of responsibility in the same way.
Taxes & Duties (‘tis but a must!)
For Indian Customers : Product Prices displayed are inclusive of all taxes and duties.
For International Customers: Most countries are shipped to on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis, which means product prices displayed are exclusive of all import duties. As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are in, payment of these at the time of delivery is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. For more information, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information you may refer to our ‘Terms of Service’
Our garments and accessories are made with utmost care and love to dress you up perfectly.
All embellished garments come with care instructions and our ‘Elves & the Dressmaker’ kit with extra beads and embellishements in case your garment needs a little fix-me-up! We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and details of our products that appear on the site. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's/smart phone’s/ipad’s display of any colour will be completely accurate.
Since all our garments and accessories are Made-to-Measure/order, we do not offer refunds on any goods once sold.
However, if there is a genuine quality defect on a custom order (not from the sale section) , then at our sole discretion, sold goods may be exchanged for a store credit if they meet our terms and conditions.
Our Exchange/Return policy is subject to the following:
- Items should be returned unused and with all tags still attached. Returns that are damaged or soiled may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
- Where provided, belts and any packaging such as authenticity cards, dust bags, and leather tags should be included with your return.
- All shoes should be tried on a carpeted surface before wear. In case of a size issue in shoes, we can exchange the same for another size of your request only once. Provided, the required size is available in stock and if not, we will dispatch the same in the process time required after receiving the returns. The shoes must be returned in it's original packaging and condition. Returns will not be accepted if the shoes are soiled/damaged in anyway.
- Briefs, swimming costumes and bikini bottoms should be tried on over underwear, without removing the protective adhesive strip. Returns may not be accepted if this strip has been removed or if items are soiled, and may be sent back to the customer.
- Goods are faulty if they are received damaged. Items that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear are not considered to be faulty.
- Where possible, we will offer to repair faulty items.
- All custom made orders are non-returnable/exchangeable
Upon receipt of your return and post verification of the defect/damage, a store credit of the same value will be issued to you.
All you need to do is inform us of the Defect/Damage within 7 working days of the receipt of the product by writing to us at email@example.com with the following details:
- Order number
- Full name
- Contact number
- Attached images of the defects/damage on the product
- Unidentified returns may be returned to the sender
Once the email is sent to us and is duly acknowledged by our Customer Care Goddesses, you may dispatch the product back to our address mentioned on your invoice within 7 working days of the receipt of the product and share the courier service details and tracking number with us. We are not responsible for any damages caused to the product during transit from your end.
Do note that this Store Credit issued to you can be used to purchase another product of the same or higher value only. The store credit will be valid for upto six months from the date of issue. To thank you for your patience and trust, the new product will be shipped back to you free of any shipping cost!
Please also note : All Sale pieces are NON-EXCHANGEABLE / NON-REFUNDABLE
The Process:• How will the funds be disbursed ? :
The fund will be disbursed all over India - in villages / areas ( a list of all the locations being reached with this initiative has been shared below for your reference) using wire transfer via our karigar’s accounts registered with our respective organisations.
Further , via our trusted karigars - funds will be disbursed within their impacted groups / communities.
• Locations :
• How many lives will your one purchase help ?
- 5000 INR
- Provides food, ration, basic medical and sanitation supplies for a family of 4-5 members
- In Mumbai - for up to 20 days
- In villages - for up to 2 months
- 10,000 INR
- Provides food, ration , basic medical and sanitation supplies for a family of 4-5 members
- In Mumbai - for up to 40 days
- In villages - for up to 4 months
Any requirements for a larger sum - for medical emergencies, will also be provided to the best of our abilities.• What the karigars receive :
A lifeline to get through these uncertain next few months
What you receive :A Made in India, with Love :
Papa Don’t Preach Belt Bag
A Kresha Bajaj Cape(click here)
Lots of Love and Gratitude from us and the Indian Community of Karigars🙏🏻
• Dimensions of the Bag :
Height : 3"
Width : 1"
• Delivery :
All Deliveries will be executed as soon as the lockdown is lifted.